Saturday, May 28, 2011

4. My soul sister

So, I'm still counting my blessings...I'm just lousy at writing them out. But, I soldier on.

My soul sister is a blessing I could have never thought to ask for.

Erin is an all-around beautiful soul and in the words of Anne, a "kindred spirit!" From our garden exploits, to our "pray for me" Momma melt downs, to our baking catastrophes and triumphs, she is real and good and true and beautiful and lovely and compassionate and patient and steadfast and fun and insightful - mainly, incredible to say the least.

A fellow comrade in arms down in the trenches of life and love, she blesses me with her patient ear, her kind and true words, her available shoulder. She has broadened horizons to me I never knew existed. She challenges me to be real with God, real with my husband, real with my kids. She demonstrates selflessness like I have never known.

I'm crazy about her.
I praise you, dear Lord, for this lovely creature. I witness Your mercy, love and am blessed by Your grace through Erin's friendship. She is my soul sister, of which I am so deeply grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment