Sunday, April 10, 2011

My streak was broken in only 2 days...sad.

So pooped.


I'm still making every effort to meditate on blessings rather than worries, but the last 3 days have taken the wind out of me. Friday was a bear of a day with the girls. I think they're just stir crazy from being stuck in the house with only me (poor dears!). Lots of break downs, temper tantrums and dramatic hissy fits over a whole lot of nothing.

Saturday, I went out shopping for dress patterns with my dear mother-in-law and that escapade alone almost did me in. With such a low H & H, I was winded and exhausted by the walk from the car to the store front! In the end, we picked out a lovely dress pattern for the girls and Mom offered to make all 3 babies matching Easter dresses. I'm so blessed to have a thoughtful (and oh-so-talented) mother-in-law.

Saturday was an enjoyable day because of the time spent with family, but I don't know if I was physically up to such a grueling day. I've been paying for my depleted energy stores ever since. Lord, I'm seriously grateful for the opportunity to sleep "late" tomorrow morning! I need the rest - but You already knew that.

I ventured out to church today for the first time in weeks (without Jacob, no less!). I tagged along to church with Mom and Dad and all 3 girls and I'm so incredibly thankful that I did. It was a richly blessed day of learning and worship, which my soul desperately needed. I think God may be directing us toward a different church, but that will have to wait until Jacob can come check things out, and that's only if the poor man can ever get a day off again.

Thank You, Father. Thank You for the opportunity to worship You collectively with Your church. Thank You for the Sunday School lesson. I will be meditating on that heavily in the coming weeks and months. Thank You for a loving family, which sacrificed and helped us go to church in the first place. I'm completely and thoroughly exhausted but completely and thoroughly thankful for the opportunity to worship You. You restoreth my soul...

No comments:

Post a Comment