Saturday, June 4, 2011

7. cameras. well, pictures. no, cameras.

Without these things I wouldn't have my pictures. So, I guess it's the pictures I'm thankful for. No, wait. It's the camera I...wait. Oh dear. This is like the chicken and egg question.

Whether it's the camera or the pictures, what I'm truly grateful for are my subjects. The ability to capture and save precious, candid moments of our fleeting lives is worth more to me than gold. My pictures are my gold. I flip through and savor God's blessings often. Without these reminders of His love I would be a sad creature, seeing as how I forget His mercies so quickly. I rarely recall His blessings to mind as easily as when I have a picture to aide me.

Helen discovers my sunglasses.


And spaghetti.


Poppa comforts a tired Israel on his homemade bear skin rug.


Zarah sighing the precious sighs of a newborn while we were at the park.


Fourth of July with my best friend.



Helen trying to chase her sister, long before she can walk.


Precious kisses.


A stolen moment of peace after Zarah's labor. A prayer of thanks on my lips.



This lovely moment when Is discovered my lipstick.


Or this incredible moment. I dropped the camera down to my thigh as we were on a walk. I didn't want Israel to see me taking a picture because she stops acting naturally. Seeing Is hand-in-hand with her Poppa, following his leadership and protection...nope. No words can say it. Joyful, maybe.


She was dancing all over creation because I showed her in the mirror how her dress and her hair bow matched. She kept shouting, "I'm so beautiful!"


Poppa admiring Ruby Falls cave. Helen admiring being admired.


Israel reading to Helen.


I could go on and on.

And as I said before, I have the greatest subjects in all creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment